Tuesday, September 27, 2011

You are more than your job(/relationship/schooling/hometown)

A friend of mine posted this to her Facebook,  and I thought it was beautiful and so I got permission to share here:
I don’t care to know where you come from, what you studied, or where you've worked. I don’t care to know your “type”, your relationship status, or what you want it to be. I want to know what keeps you from finding the strength to get yourself out of bed in the morning. I want to hold your hand when the world has brought you to your knees, and tell you it’s ok even thought at that moment, it might not be. I want to know what makes your smile true and real and what you're hiding behind it when its not. I want to know how you put the pieces back together after the times in which the world breaks you. I want to touch and feel the thread you hang onto and what it’s made of. I want to know what keeps you holding on when all else falls away…
                      -Lisa G.

No comments: