Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hey, Readers and Friends of South Asian Decent....

There is a guy who was recently diagnosed with acute leukemia. I understand he's a fairly well-known photographer. I also understand that he is of South Asian decent, and therefore his chances of finding a match in the national bone marrow registry (which has 9.5 million records on file) are 1 in 20,000. A bone marrow transplant is the next step for him. His life depends on it, and on finding a match.
So I ask you, from the bottom of my heart, to spread the word, and if you ARE of South Asian decent, please click the link and take a free test by mail. It's SO EASY and you could literally save this man's life.
And I ask everyone to please spread the word.

Cancer is a personal fight for me. Both of my parents are survivors, and my grandfather is currently battling pancreatic cancer. More, my father is a Hodgkin's lymphoma survivor. Leukemia and lymphoma are very closely related.
I've seen what it means to struggle with cancer to and fight every day. It is a horrible disease. This guy has a fighting chance. Please help in any way you can.

No comments: